CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Millers went to Utah

The kids made up this song 'The Millers went to Utah' to the tune of Mary had a little lamb. I feel so Mormon when I say that I'm going to Utah. Like when I lived in Washington and told people I was going to Vegas. I was just going home, not to go and cruise the strip. Well, this trip opened my eyes. I have never realized how much shopping in Utah meant that I would be surrounded by people to had multiple children as well. Yesterday in the grocery store, this 50 year old man turned the isle where I was with my 5 kids and immediately said 'NO! Are all those yours! Well your gorgeous, beautiful' I took that last part as a compliment but was still creeped out and when Taylor gave me the look, I walked as fast as I could. In Utah you can hardly get through the isles because everyone shops with their kids. Dad carrying the baby in the front pack, the 2 yr. old in the stroller being pushed by the oldest child and the rest in the shopping cart. Okay, enjoy the pics!
Nathan had to stop by Navajo Lake to show me what he discovered on his trip with M&M



Then we stumbled upon Ceder Breaks




Nathan decided that we were going to take this trip without any form of video entertainment. I thought that I was going to strangle myself and widow Nathan with 5 small children. He thought that we should old school it and sing songs, and talk, and look out the window and the beautiful surroundings. Who even does that anymore?! I was shockingly surprised at how smoothly the drive went. Besides a few threats here and there the kids did great. I'm still waiting for my waitress tip. It's know wonder waitresses get so annoyed. You can only be so happy and patient for so many hours in a small van with 5 kids and a husband awake and constantly asking for a donut or their thirsty or what other snacks do we have? It was really my pleasure:)

1 comments:

LillyBug Jewelry and Accessories said...

he!he! nathan reminds of mr. brady from the brady bunch. gotta love the guy!!!!!!! i'm so jealous. we've wanting to go fishing and camping for ever now. glad you guys had fun:)